Homemade sausage rolls are delicious and much healthier option for your family. I have heard of putting apple in my sausage rolls before and this time I tried it. They turned out fantastic. Here’s the recipe. I used chicken mince as it was all I had in the freezer but you can use any mince you like.
Homemade Sausage Rolls
250 grams of beef, mince or pork
2 BBQ sausages
1 grated zucchini
1 grated carrot
1 grated apple
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons of soy sauces
Salt and pepper to taste
4 sheets of puff pastry
If you want stronger favour, add more of the sauces and you can pop in some garlic
1. Empty the sausages out of their skins and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add mince, bread crumbs, apple, zucchini, carrot, 1 egg, BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix this thoroughly together.
3. On defrosted puff pastry sheet line up the mince mixture in the middle. Roll them up.
4. Score the top of the puff pastry.
5. Use the second egg and brush onto the top of the sausage rolls.
6. Cut into quarters and place onto a baking tray into the oven at 220 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Tip – you can freeze them before or after you cook them for a quick easy meal.
The Painted Apron – BLT Pesto Tartine
Baa Baa Bi – Vegetable with Italian sausage pie
Helena’s Bistro – Caramelised Onion, Feta and Black Olive Tart